WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing the website at yankeeinstitute.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Our website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 may provide any information to or on the website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials on Yankee Institute for Public Policy’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Yankee Institute for Public Policy’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Yankee Institute for Public Policy at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Yankee Institute for Public Policy’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Yankee Institute for Public Policy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Yankee Institute for Public Policy does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Yankee Institute for Public Policy or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Yankee Institute for Public Policy’s website, even if Yankee Institute for Public Policy or a Yankee Institute for Public Policy authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Yankee Institute for Public Policy’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Yankee Institute for Public Policy does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Yankee Institute for Public Policy may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, Yankee Institute for Public Policy does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Yankee Institute for Public Policy has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Yankee Institute for Public Policy of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Yankee Institute for Public Policy may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the State of Connecticut.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it.
1. Non-personally Identifiable Information (Cookies)
As is common practice among web sites, we use “first and third-party cookies” and similar technologies. In general, cookies — the informational files that a web browser places on computers when visiting a website — are used to track and analyze how visitors use YankeeInstitute.org. We use these cookies in order to improve Yankee Institute.org, to identify the source of visitors and pages visited, to offer visitors interactive and/or personalized features that would not be possible without the cookies, to recall specific information to save visitors time when they return to Yankee Institute’s website, to provide targeted messaging on digital and social media, and to identify usage and statistical trends.
YankeeInstitute.org contains tracking pixels for digital and social media promotion to enhance advertising and site performance. By looking at this traffic Yankee Institute can better understand our community, which allows us to improve the site and to provide an optimal experience and better service.
2. Personally Identifiable Information
Yankee Institute collects personally identifiable information, such as your name, your e-mail address, your telephone number, and/or your credit card information, from YankeeInstitute.org for a variety of purposes. This personally identifiable information is provided by you voluntarily.
For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you leave a comment on YankeeInstitute.org, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, YankeeInstitute.org will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Social Media
Yankee Institute may ask visitors to provide personal information for other limited uses specified at the time the information is gathered. Any information you submit on or through social media platforms, as part of a story, post comments and discussions, or in response to Yankee Institute’s request for User Generated Content may become public, including the full name and/or nickname you provide when submitting.
- Email Subscriptions
Yankee Institute offers and may offer in the future several e-mail newsletters and emails. Yankee Institute will always provide a clear and convenient method of unsubscribing to our e-mailings. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located in each newsletter or email, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us to send us a message. Yankee Institute will update our records as soon as possible.
3. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Policy Revision and notification of changes.